Tuesday 7 May 2013

Organised people are just to lazy to look for things - for Theresa Price

This my 10th story and I have much been looking forward to writing it. Hope you like it mum!

"Organised people are just to lazy to look for things. Yes of course we would rather have you believe it is because our scrupulous lives are so hectic that we wouldn't possibly waste a second of it 'find things', but actually its just plain laziness".

Theresa was sat, champagne in one hand, gesticulating her thoughts with the other. The other girls sat amused listening to her theories. There was a good mix amongst them. Sarah was the polar opposite to Theresa,  she had a phone, a wallet (no not a purse) and a vague idea that the day would likely involve doing something at some time or other. Maria was more similar, always a pen and paper, lists galore and diaries and calenders for everything, anything to make up for her naturally scatty and forgetful brain. And Bryany, well, she was a healthy balance of all three, not organised to the point of being annul but generally in the right place at the right time.

This was a typical girly lunch, starting with salad, ending with champagne and chocolate cake. Well hell you only live once, the bubbles would persuade them. Today's witterings were focused round Theresa's recent appraisal and unsurprising promotion. Modest as ever she had slipped it quietly into the conversation, and now the bubbles were flowing, she was off and jabbering away to her hearts content.

"I mean, why would you NOT do what ever is possible to secure an extra 5 minutes in bed? Why else do you think I sort my outfit, do the lunches,  check through the diary, and all those little things? It's so Brian can bring me my tea and breakfast in bed and I can have an extra 5 minutes peace and quiet before the madness begins."

"Yeh but you could just go to bed earlier the night before and it wouldn't make much difference would it?"quipped Sarah

"Can't Brain do the lunches?" said Bryany

"Well yes he could but they always end up soggy, god knows what he does to them, and do you know, one day he made me a tomato ketchup sandwich. Nothing else just tomato ketchup! I mean who would even think to do such a thing? Plus mornings are more sacred than evenings, I value them more."

Theresa wasn't backing down. She never did when she knew she was right. Maria just sat nodding, it all made complete sense to her. She ticked them off her daily checklist along with brush teeth and apply night cream, every night without fail.

Sarah shrugged and gulped down her champers. "Just making work for yourself if you ask me".

"Well no, your just a different type of lazy. You're so lazy you don't even think about how you could be more lazy." mocked Theresa

"Ha, well what can I say, I'm a natural born expert", laughed Sarah

The girls giggled. Regardless of wise words and copious champagne,  none of them would change. They were far to set in their ways.

'Ding' went a phone. They all scurried into their handbags, well except Sarah who just glanced at hers on the table.

"Ah mine" said Theresa "must dash, I'm meant to be meeting Brian at 3, no rest for the wicked! "

" Yes, I'm afraid I'm going to have to run too, I'm booked up till 8. Same time next week?" said Maria poised with pencil and diary.

"Yes, my diaries clear" said Theresa scribbling into hers

"Yeh sure" said Bryany, making a mental note

"Hm alright" said Sarah just sitting. Both Theresa and Maria would text her on the day anyway. You see really lazy people just delegate.


The End

1 comment:

  1. very good - you obviously know your subject matter well - moral of story write about what you know! Which is why I write about bears of course...! ;) Loved the punchline :) Wiz xx

    ReplyDelete