Friday 3 May 2013

Day 19 - Step 1 attach stamp...erm whoops!

Wow what an amazing day! I woke early with a writing project in my head. Basically if you give me a sentence, I will write a story and dedicate it to you, the original source of inspiration!  Its worked a treat, I have 10 sentences and have so far written 3 stories

1. Tale of Two Stinky Sisters for Sarah Price
2. Do you hear me Commander Womb for Tim Toni Harrison and,
3. Doggy Yoga? Really? For Daniel Lassiter

They are all typed up and on the blog, if you want to take a look. All feedback is much appreciated and if you have alternate titles that would be super too.

Plus don't forget to leave me a sentence in the comment box, if you haven't done so already.

Thanks!

I must say, all this writing is giving me such purpose, I love it. And as I write long hand I'm very soon going to have to buy a new writing pad.

Other than writing and typing the stories into my blog, thus editing along the way. I did my daily venture to the market, made a picnic, posted some letters, without the stamps thus forcing me to go into the post office, try and explain in very poor french that I was a numpty, and could she open the post box? Well yes she could, so after fixing the stamps, and reposting my letters, I then decided to take a wander along the coastal path and try my best not to over tax my obviously dimly lit brain.

I found a lovely bay, all to myself and set up camp (well towel and picnic). The waters are crystal clear and so I knew I was safe from one of my irrational fears. Seaweed. Arghhh that long kale stuff is just awful, especially when you have seen The Grudge with all that long hair that tries to kill you. Seaweed kale looks just like that, thus my fear is not irrational, it's blatantly trying to kill me! Arghh!

Anyway this beach didn't have evil seaweed kale and so I ventured for the first time into the sea. Oh to feel so free, it I such a joy. Although I'm scared of stuff touching me in the water and get a little panicked in foreign waters (in Britain at least you know its only the cold and seaweed kale that can kill you), I still love to do it. And so I had two swims, wrote on the beach, ate my picnic and wondered how on earth my legs had remained lilly white despite not wearing trousers for the best part of 2 weeks. Stupid legs.

I then came home, had my usual whitterings on facebook, made dinner, talked to Francis and started typing.

And now to bed. Night night, lots more writing tomorrow xxx

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Sounds like another typical 'Maria' day - can't believe the bit about the stamps! Brilliant - well for us brits cosy at home in our own countries, speaking our own language and not at all our of our comfort zone it's easy to laugh at your little mishaps!! - if very wicked when we couldn't do half as well. I'd have bottled out and left the letters to their unstamped fate!! Respect! :)
    Wiz xx
    PS and as for the seaweed - yes I get that - I remember reading a comic story once about killer seaweed - very scary!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do seem to make things happen lol, and to think I was so chuffed to have posted them (they were very personal handwritten letters to the family). At least its good blog fodder.

      On the seaweed front I remember once having a panic attack in the water and just standing there screaming unable to move. My friend had to come rescue me lol. I suppose I should face up to it one day, not in any hurry to though lol

      Delete