Tuesday 7 May 2013

Day 23 - It's like being at school again

It really is like being back at school, today I:
  • Wrote a story for my mum
  • Coloured in 50 envelopes with pretty pictures to match my 28 cards (will make more cards)
  • Went to shop to buy card (failed)
  • Ate pizza for dinner
  • Wrote a letter to my sister
  • Coloured in bits of paper and glued them on to old paper carrier bag to make 3 posters
Yes it does indeed sound like I've reverted back to my 8 year old self :-)

In actual fact it was all very grown up, honest!

The Inspired Line Project reached its 10th story! Yay! Though I only have 2 sentences left now so expect a begging message very soon. The envelope designing for my business venture are a delight to make, especially when sat out in the sun, although I've now ran out of card and can't find any of a high enough quality so will have to wait until I come home. I can't believe there is only 1 week left, wow time has flown!

I had hand written a very personal letter to my sister linked to my '108 things I want to do' list, and was thrilled to get a reply today, even if it did make me blub a little. I'm feeling very close to her now :-)

And the coloured paper and glue? Well do you remember how I had chopped my 108 things into individual slips of paper and then split them into four groups (me, business,  actions and family)? Well today I got my highlighters out. Yes despite only packing hand luggage for a months trip I still managed to pack highlighters, glue and my colouring crayons - I'm an over organised kid really. Anyway I assigned the four groups a colour, coloured them in, and then split all 108 things into 3 categories
  1. Things I can do straight away
  2. Things I could do with a little effort
  3. Things that need a bit more planning
Thus there is a inherent timescale and  effort requirement across the 3 groups. I then glued them on to an old paper carrier bag I had chopped up, with a rough priority I should achieve it. Most important at the top, less urgent at the bottom. The 1 thing that was out of my control I decided to bin, along with 1 duplicate. Thus my motivational posters now say 'everything is possible given enough time and enough effort' :-)

And on that note, sweet dreams and happy living!

Xxx

1 comment:

  1. very sensible my dear... most impressed! :) sensible and positive thinking too... a good combo :)
    and yes - I can see you with lots of coloured paper and glue... very easy to imagine! ;) Wiz xx

    ReplyDelete