Wednesday 1 May 2013

Day 17 - A mini challenge for you...

Well I said I would get back to you with what I had been up to this afternoon, and so to summarise, writing, whittering with mum and markles, market, eating and the biggest thing a little think as to what I'm going to so with my life.

Being of the typical google generation, I typed 'what do i do with my life', and I found a couple of interesting links both of which focus on a similar idea of listing important things to you. I popped a very thorough approach on the Elements of Health facebook page but decided personally to do a quick 20 minute exercise. I obviously dont have enough patience lol. I wondered if you might like to join me in the exercise. You only need 20 minutes,  paper, pen and a quiet space. The full link is: http://www.wisebread.com/feeling-stuck-100-ways-to-change-your-life#comments

The aim is to sit quietly for 20 minuets and just try and write a total of 100 things you would like to do/careers you would like/ people you would like to meet.

While writing I found it quite difficult to use all 20 minutes, I looked at the stop watch a couple of times, but persevered. You are also not meant to look at the list until the next day, I however must confess I was naughty and having done the exercise I had a skim through and me being me chopped them into individual things and decided to try and group them. But I now feel bad, I know I am best to sleep on it so will scruff them up again and do it again in the morning.

I dint feel I should talk about my main themes yet, but if you want me to type out my 108 as it ended up, do let me know as that will take a while :-) I must say it seems rather apt looking at my minds thoughts all in a messy pile dumped in a strawberry box. Looking forward to organising it though lol.

For the sake of 20 minutes the process and results are very interesting, and I'm hoping it will help guide me.

Anyway I'm going to curl up with a book and get an early night. My mind feels rather heavy.

Night night, sweet dreams

Love Maria and Francis (my new snail friend not a french fancy man lol) xxx

2 comments:

  1. brill - love it! Most impressed.. and may well try this although at the moment my life feels rather TOO stuffed with things and it might be more appropriate to think about how I'm going to make time for the things I want/need to do. Agh! Could I possibly add to YOUR long list of things to do... a little exercise we were about to embark on at the beginning of feb this year? I am really going to need help with 'les parents' and if the fates are kind and you were free about the 2nd week of June then I would be first in the queue for 'Maria help' with my begging bowl, with much making of cow eyes (Maria likes those!!) ;) and promises of free cake....! But more about that anon. Am eating cereal and ready to catch up with your next blog!
    Tourjours ton amie and tres tres looking forward to your return :)
    wizzums x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol of course I will help, any time Wizbear, just keep me away from the books or else you will lose me to excited book flicking and organising by genre, author and size lol

    You always sound to be doing so much, and I'm really impressed with allbthe diy you are learning. I think I will need to enrol in Wizbear school and pick up a few skills. Oh, how about we do a cob building course together!

    See you soon xx

    ReplyDelete