Friday 3 May 2013

Doggy yoga? really? for Daniel Lassiter

Lol I actually struggled a little with this one initially and its taken a rather eccentric route as you can likely tell from the title. The hardest bit was writing in first person (I). Hope I got your doggies names right.

It was a gloomy day in this 'supposed' paradise, the dogs had been playing up all morning and I ready for a spritzer and it wasn't even 10 o clock.

Everything seemed to be about work, the constant treadmill; get up, feed dogs, drive to work, work too many hours, drive back, feed dogs, fall asleep. These little monsters were meant to save my sanity, give me something to look forward to. But as Jasper and Josh wrestled over a dirty sock they had plucked from the washing basket, and Jacob barked incessant encouragement,  my mind was at the end of its tether.

"Right you three, pack it in! We are going to try doggy yoga, see if we can get your minds to a higher plane. Hopefully a quieter one at that." I yelled. "Might even save my own mind in the process" I grumbled.

"Breath in and out, slowly releasing the anxieties of the morning,  and bend down into downward dog"

Josh and Jacob ignored me, the sock was too much fun and they thought I was just being odd. Jacob stood panting, watching, his head cocked to one side in puzzlement.

"What on earth is dad doing?" Jacob pondered

Ushering him over, I sighed, " Ah glad to see I've got at least one of you on board. Come here Jacob, copy me".

Jacob tootled over, his tail wagging. Coaxing him with a ping pong ball, Jacob excitedly went into the 'lets play' position, the yoga gurus call downward dog.

Far from being serene and in a higher plane, Jacobs mind and heart were racing

" ball ball ball, throw it dad, throw it, oh please please throw it, throw it dad, throw it"

And of course the other two had spotted what was going on.

Well for the briefest of moments had you glimpsed through the window you would have been amazed. There is the lounge a grown man and 3 dogs all doing yoga, all in the downward dog position.

However 3 of them were thinking 'ball ball ball, throw it dad throw it, throw it please dad throw it, throw it!'

And the other was thinking 'well I suppose I had better throw this darn ball'

But all three were smiling and as I threw it I thought ' oh to have such simple pleasures'

The End




No comments:

Post a Comment