Friday 19 April 2013

Day 5 - Lobsters like rain

Day 5

Well I'm afraid I've been punished for my french patriotism - today the English weather caught up with me and has decided to stay a few days. Ahh rain - the perfect weather for ducks. Except my garden has a snail, lizard (somewhere) and me. Is it wrong that I bought snail and his pot indoors? I mean come on....you wouldn't leave your only friend out in the rain would you? Anyway we are very snug (me under my blankies and snail with his grass).

I was randomly wide awake at 3:30 this morning, and with the appetite of a small army so munched my way through pancakes and wheetabix, surely the healthy cancels out the naughty? My coffee machine is on the blink, and I dont have english tea bags so the world is falling apart, but instead of panicking I stayed in bed and completed my 2nd book. I'm now out of books, and having to read 'man books' left here by previous guests, so if I start coming over all macho, claiming to have caught robbers, jumped from planes and seduced things all before breakfast you know its just the Andy Mcnab talking.

I also turned left! Wow exciting I know. I found the beach literally 2 mins from my studio, got comfy, ventured into the sea, whimped out because it was cold, and ended up writing 2 lovely erna stories; one about sand monsters that nibbles your toes, and the other about jumping in the waves. I think they will be better shown with illustrations so unless you complain bitterly,  you will have to wait :-)

The inevitable then happened. I ate bread and cheese, while wondering how the sexy 60 something french topless lady could possibly stay so slim while eating aforementioned French diet. Eating bread and cheese did not help me in this ponder, but instead I realised my friend Paps should definitely open a french branch of liberte fitness. Excercise on a warm beach is much nicer than a soggy field. Paps all you need do is ask, and I will make the sacrifice and come live here and set it all up for you...aren't I kind :-P

Back at the studio I decided a shower and nap were called for. Now this being a rather basic studio, the shower is definately not designed with twosome frolicking ala sexy french man and petite lobster woman, under blasts of  hot steamy water (I think I will give the x rated writing a miss - far too prude and lacking in imagination, although I'm sure I could use the word baguette in a more suggestive manner...mmmm baguette, tasty!). Abort abort return to sensible(ish) writing. Anyway as it happens its not really designed with people in mind at all, I suppose perhaps small dogs? Truth be known, I have to siddle through the small door gap sideways, then pull them shut. Each shower has involved a slight argument with said doors, but I thought I was getting the hang of them. Nope not so...they trapped me in the shower for a good five minuetes while I lifted and shuffled and generally tried to bang my way out. Hmm next shower will involve open doors and floor mopping, especially as the studio is so tucked away I'm not entirely sure when I would be found. Trapped cold, wet and naked in a glass box looking forlornly at the baguette and cheese on the counter, and instead eating soap. Not the most glamorous way to end my days!

After that mini ordeal it was definitely nap time, and would you believe it I completely zonked out and when I did finally wake, it was Markles natter time, followed by dinner. So yes not the most fruitful of days. Never mind though.

Bon nuit my friends xxx

2 comments:

  1. Aw - am catching up with your stories after a busybear few days. This one was great! I lOVE the fact that you brought Snailey in when it rained!! (I would bring my chickens in if I could...!) :) And as for the shower - what a sad sad image of you in your glass tardis desperate for cheese and having soap instead. I love it - If you could create a series of 'stills' of your time in France - this would have to be one of the moments chosen!! :)In fact - somehow you must manage this. We can then gather watch the slideshow on your return- perhaps with 'bread and cheese' evening - very francais! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yes all that love showered on snaily but sadly to no avail. Ive now mastered the shower but it would certainly be a daft still to show everyone. Loving the idea of the bread and cheese evening :-)

      Delete