Tuesday 30 April 2013

Day 13 - Happy birthday Stinkie

Today is my little sisters birthday, and Ive sent her a terrible card, which she thought was an anniversary card instead of a birthday card. It could have been, I hadn't a clue what it said, it just had a naff puppy holding a bouquet of flowers. Sorry sis, though at least I remembered :-) Hope you had a nice day stinkie (this being my affectionate name for her).

The weather was very cold and miserable,  so I was glad I had booked a wonderful massage to start the day. I then went to the chocolatiers for breakfast (yes before you ask my muffin tops are very happily growing outside of my trousers, thank you!), before pottering back to the studio for a nap. I know its such a hard life!

In the afternoon I ventured back to St Maxine, which you have a probably guessed is my favourite place, and toodled about the town. I found a shop filled with hats so amused myself for a while in there, before deciding I didn't need a hat and opting to buy an ice cream instead. I then found a second hand boutique filled with designer clobber, sadly even the second hand christian dior scarf for €40 was too much to justify, so I escaped while I still had a few pennies to my name.

It was then that I did a naughty thing, something I never do...I did a major splurge. You see it wasn't my fault I was happily minding my own business, when I heard a little voice..."come inside Maria, we have pretty things to show you". Looking about I was instantly drawn to a gorgeous boutique on the other side of the road. "Welcome my precious, make yourself comfy, look around at the delights we have for you". Hmm this is a new sales technique - subconscious shop coaxing. Well I gave in and instantly fell in love, fortunately with something I really needed. A black leather jacket. Yes Markles, I don't care what the bank manager says, I did really need it. Its pretty, and oh so soft and I look like a biker chick (in my head at least) which is a must for a Manxie.

However, I also did something daft, you see they use silly European sizes over here, so while I tried on other things and my jacket, the shop lady kept on politely handing me size 38. To which I refused "no no Madame,  moi size 36". To which she responded with more honesty than any English sales assistant has ever mustered "Hmm pardon Madame but that is too tight, just a little, you try size 38?".

I was devastated! Who would have thought a diet of cakes, croissants, bread and cheese would put me up a size in 2 weeks! Horrified, I refused out of principle. In my head the size 36 leather jacket looked great, so I bought that and left the poor lady folding up all the size 38 things. It was until I got back to the restaurant and checked on google, that I realised I had bought a size 8 jacket and the lady had been trying to sell me size 10 clothes - my usual size! I thought 38 equalled a size 12! How stupidly vain of me. Anyway having bought that jacket Markles will murder me if I ever don't fit in it, so its a good thing Monday is only 2 days away. Diets always start on a Monday, don't you know.

Content that I was still my usual size I celebrated with steak and chips, and choc pud with custard for dessert. Well Ive got to store strength if I have a diet on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment