Tuesday 30 April 2013

Day 11 - Please officer I'm not a complete numpty

Given I am in this part of the world, I thought I really should make the effort and drive to St Tropez. It used to be 'the' place to go, but I dont remember being overly impressed last time I was here.

Indeed I decided to have lunch in St Maxine on the way as I didnt feel any hurry to get to St Tropez.  Upon arrival, the marina is heaving with tourists getting off the boats, its dirty, dated, and has mass produced art being pawned on the promenade. I know it makes me sound snobby but this area is just so tacky. However persever! Nip into the cobbled lanes and there are wonderful boutiques and everything becomes so much more pleasurable.

It can be a lovely places to saunter, shop and eat ice cream, just avoid the marina front. I wasted the afternoon, wondering if I should have eaten so much cake, pastries and cheese loaded bread - the clothes were just so tempting but you cant help but feel like a 10 ton tessy compared to the locals.

For dinner, I headed back to St Maxine,  found a wonderful little Moroccan inspired place and opted fpr a slighly more healthy stir fry. Fortunately with no wine as lucky me got stopped in the random breath tests by the police! This was my first time...how exciting...so I didnt know what to do, or the language, but knew I hadnt had a drop to drink all day so just nervously enjoyed the experience. However I was still nervous and upon passing the breath test promptly stalled the car in front of the police man and seemed to take an age to drive away. Oh golly what a numpty!

Never mind though, its all good fun :-)

1 comment:

  1. I've been worried about you Maria! I know you are always keen for a new experience but it rather seems that you bit off more than you could digest!
    Snails too! Hell Bells !
    Will you ever come back to Norwich?I've been on Grand Canaria and I'm brown and unburnt! The wife is away and I'm off for a sail. I hope that you have fond memories of that experience!
    John

    ReplyDelete