Tuesday 16 April 2013

Day 2 - french, snail but no garlic!

Day 2

Wow two days and I'm still about :-) Although Mark would likely doubt my sanity as im listening to 'my boy lollipop', and am so blatently going to put it back on again after writing and have a bop about. Yay for releasing my inner crazy!

Anyway back to topic, this morning I had a lovely lie in 7am - but no gorgeous wet nose prodding me awake, or breakfast brought to me in bed (I know im spoilt). Still, its nice sleeping like a starfish and the kitchen is 4 steps away so even I can manage that in the morning. Yoghurt,  strawberries and honey with juice and coffee, can't believe I forgot to bring tea bags! You will notice a slightly healthy inclination...it soon ends.

As part of French living I thought I would try doing yoga in the mornings. Well the overly bendy cartoon lady on the app put me to shame, not helped by my daft decision to try and do it all on my bed, as there is very little floor space. Whacked my arms on the ceiling fan, almost fell off the back of the bed attempting downward dog and my half bend is the same as my full bend (supposedly heads can touch your knees - not on my body!). On the floor I may have uaed extra muscles trying not to knock myself unconcious by falling off the bed. Tomorrow I  will try doing this yoga malarkey outside once it warms up.

Next challenge was a potter about exploring my locality. I had decided to save up some excitement and not permitted myself to walk left out of my studio (thats tomorrows fun). Turning right was a great idea as I found thr market, which had an equal measure of ripped off branded clothing and french food. Despite knowing so little French its embarressing, I found an impromptu game of charades enabled me to buy a small bush for the garden, some lillies ( to mariarise the studio) and half  French baguette.  Still I felt very bad not being able to talk properly so made a concerted effort to study my french book.

Hmm happy learning while sat in a bikini on a swing chair, munching heavenly fig and walnut cheese with crusty bread. With hindsight I should have used the cheese as a reward, not a constant food source. At this rate I will look like a cheesy baguette - oh wait long and thin! Great! I will continue munching, I can put up with being smelly :-)
The afternoon was rather more dramatic; the sun had moved so I decided to get the garden furniture out. This was fine except the upside down table had water in it so I tried to balance it out of the door way. You guessed it, I dropped it, water everywhere and worse, I had knocked a snail of his wall. Closer inspection made me realise his shell was slightly damaged. He refused to grip his wall, so I decided he had a concussion and took him to snail hospital (plant pot with yummy grass in it). I later found him happily munching so don't feel as bad.

So ive spent most of the day talking a maria version of french to Madame Crutchley (lovely lady don't you know), fell asleep in the sun ( never a good idea!). Realised that my distant memory of having a tan is more likely my freckles gathering for a random rave (bopping away to my boy lollipop, like the rest of me), and despite getting the milk bottles out they have an in built immunity to sun, so I'm going to come home looking like an upside down latte.

Shock horror I also did some work, and was happy to hear we had two new practioners. Gail, one does baby yoga! Have you made one yet? :-)

Tonight im going to curl up with my book and get an early night. Unless the french for sex in the beach cocktail is Vous avez une Sex a la plage erm...cocktail?  I really must add the last word or else find myself in right mischief!

Bonsoir, grand hug xxx


1 comment:

  1. OH Lordy Lordy! I think we need to let border control know another time you're invading France! I mean.. just so they can prepare properly...! ;)
    And I LOVED the climax of your story - which for me - was the upside-down table with water in it and the dramatic consequences of its falling over - KNOCKED A SNAIL OFF HIS WALL???! You are just the funniest! :) (that's meant very nicely in bear-fashion!) :)

    I am waiting, however for said snail with nine lives (perhaps you could write the other eight) to get a name. Hey - facebook comp - 'Name Maria's snail'! Prize for best answer :)

    Sex a la plage cocktail i brilliant! Let's have a cocktail evening when you're back - they can all be the French versions - or even a 'come as a cocktail' party. Now.. how would one come as 'sex on the beach' no wait.. need to rephrase that..!

    So ANYway - full of great ideas tonight aren't I?! ;) It's getting warmer here - you must come and sunbathe on my porch cos we never got round to it last year. We can have sex on the beach (cocktails!) on the porch...! (now thinking... could there be a new cocktail invented - 'sex on the porch'!! LOL.

    Now - THERE's an idea for a date! (for your website - you could run 'organized dates' save people trying to think up ideas of what to do. Yeah - I'm on form tonight. (perhaps I'd better shut up now!) ;) So good night from Me and Miggin - Take care and keep up with the fronglais! ;) x

    ReplyDelete