Thursday 18 April 2013

Day 4 - French Patriotism

Day 4

So after yesterdays technology woes I wowed to get them resolved today. It's bad enough not being able mindlessly whitter to people without being unable to mindlessly blog whitterings.

So after a consultation with my french book, and the writing down of sentances I hope explained my problem and request for them to help me fix it, I toodled off to the tourist info place. They were lovely, understood my garbled French and tried and failed to fix my phone. Instead they directed me back to the orange shop, but this time with a hand written note to say it wasnt dumb english girls fault, french man couldn't do it either. So I felt better :-)

While in town I also worked out how to buy postcards, and then realised the square building I was meant to be looking for yesterday (tabac) meant tabaconist, and they are in all towns, thus I had the answer on my door step. I bought phone credit and stamps, and yet another french person said they couldn't sort my internet credit out....hmmm. Still Stinkie will recieve an awful birthday card, the words on which I don't understand,  and Markles, Jasper and Olive have a postcard to look forward to. Surely it will arrive before I get back?

Back in the car, which I realised today is actually a Peugeot not a Citroen as previously stated - proves how observant I am. Anyway its white. Back to orange shop, where original friendly french man was, he sold me €15 internet credit in his shop, called the number, and voila..done! So why couldn't grumpy french man do that yesterday? Never mind, its fixed :-)

So for the rest of the day, I pottered about an antique fair, bought more cheese and strawberries (really must vary my diet more) oh and wheetabix because you know 4 days is a long time to go without! God I wish I had bought tea bags!

I then decided I deserved a rest and duly fell asleep in the sun, and thus have come out all patriotic for france, sporting milk bottle white legs, a blue dress and lobster red chest and shoulders. Oh the British,  we do love our pursuit of lobster red tan, non of this sun in moderation rubbish. When you see it as infrequently as we do, you can surely understand?

I've also been a good girl and finished one of my homework books for the International Fiction book event im attending on the 18th May - so you know a little bit of work sorry I can't tell you the book - its a secret, but it was good so I will tell you when I can!). Even applied for a job today (in England not France - don't panic im not emigrating). Not sure the French would want me if I'm honest.

So anyway for tonights entertainment, in celebration of fixing stuff, Ive decided to have a pamper session. Toes spread ready for new nail varnish, mass de fluffing, and a lather in baby oil for the red bits. How exciting!

Oh other exciting news, for about 3 seconds I had another friend in the garden...a lizard! Unfortunately he didnt like me so buggered off. Snail or Mersoir Escargot as he prefers to be known, is slightly snooty and up himself but getting better and is my only french friend. So you know I'm being nice to him.

God I really am whittering rubbish...I will try and think of something good to say and do tomorrow.  At the moment im planning to banish my hobbit like existance and turn left out of the studio (something I have still yet to do), go to the beach and clean the car windscreen/ work out how to add water under the bonnet so the car windwipers clean the screen when I ask them to. Gosh at this rate I will be capable of doing all the boy tasks...what will markles do?

Bon nuit, merci for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment