Tuesday 23 April 2013

Day 9 - I need 2 chickens, 2 lovebirds, a rabbit, vegetables and...

Day 9

Yay market day! Not that I'm sad or anything but I've been waiting all week for another potter about the big market. Huge bag in tow, I tottered off to practise my French and buy lots of fresh food. But not before a trip to boulangerie for a morning pastry to go with my coffee. I know all this indulgent food is coming back to bite me. I'm definitely sporting more of a waddle than a swagger. Paps, I don't suppose you want to adopt a Maria as your guinea pig for healthy living? I could make courgette cake, surely that is a veggie portion?

After a successful purchase of enough salad to feed 10 rabbits, I decide it would be a lovely idea to smarten up the tiny garden as a thank you to my host for letting me stay. So off to the jardiniere (garden centre), which rather excitedly also called itself an animalerie. Roll forward to two hrs of me imagining how lovely it would be to have chickens, rabbits, a giant grey parrot, a pair of cute loved up love birds....and some nice flowers. I really could waste my life away in those places.

Having I initially picked up lettuce, strawberry plants and other veggies. I reign myself in and pick up lilies, anenomies and some pretty red flowers instead. Though in the following 3 hrs of gardening I did find several mini terracotta pots so maybe I can sneak a few cute herbs in? Yay another excuse to go back! I am so loving this way of life.

Cue more wine, fresh fish and salad for dinner followed by a box of chocolates while reading in bed and who could fail to be happy?

Enjoy your day, catch up soon xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria
    Yes - cute herbs in pots - a must! :) Very very impressed with your solo Francais adventures - learnt any more of the language yet? Its a grey day and a bear has to get to MORE (agh!) painting so that I might one day actually have it finished (painting a whole room (walls and ceiling) with just a brush, two coats of everything is a killer!

    Chickens are laying eggs like mad- they know de Spring is coming at last - and thank god for that - a bear only has two layers on now - think of that?! (3 down from the usual!) ;)

    I have to go to Tesco for something called food which I keep forgetting to buy, and then back to the coal face...! - but sun is threatening to come out so I'd best get on with it before sun tempts me outside to do OTHER jobs which are not painting, and therefore the painting may never get done... and I will always have a lovely blue and white bathroom with large patches of yellow everywhere!

    Enjoy your rabbit food! Wish you had bought the rabbits and lovebirds though - I was getting really excited when I read that! :) Keep those diaries coming. Am always excited to read what my crazy friend is up to in 'forn parts'! :) Wiz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wiz,

    I am going to the garden centre this morning for more herbs, before the rain comes. Ive been very naughty and not done enough revision, but will do more today. It would be nice to be able to string together a proper sentence lol.

    I must come steal some eggs from you when I get back, turn them into cake or something else equally yummy!

    I hope your painting project is completed. Did I read you were doing woodwork? You are really getting into these practical tasks, I will have to come learn from the master :-)

    Will write up todays adventures this evening, but now its time to go out and have some... xx

    ReplyDelete