Saturday 26 May 2012

Jaspers first jog with mummy

Well I am three weeks into the training and its fair to say I have used the fact my treadmill broke, as an excuse not to train but don't fear, ever the daft optimist I have forced myself back into my trainers.

Markles and his friend have organised a sponsored relay run of 201.2km around Norfolk in aid of Greenpeace. He had a team of 10 runners each doing 20k, until one confessed to not having done enough training. Silly me comes to the rescue and says no worries if your desperate I can split the leg. So I will be doing my first 10k run on Saturday 2nd June. What Mark forgot to tell me until 2 nights ago was that my leg starts at 2am! Given I need 10 hours sleep to operate like a normal human and 11pm is considered very late, it will be interesting to see whether my legs run faster in the knowledge that the sooner they finish the quicker they can go to bed :)

Like a good girl, my alarm went off at 5:45am and Jasper and I set off on a training jog to Whitlingham. Bless him Jasper was most bemused, but equally happy not to have to go in the car. As I jabbered onto him about the importance of a consistent pace and asked him not to stop and sniff everything as the stop/start approach resulted in a bad running style, we soon got into a flow and happily jogged along listening to the birds and looking at the dappled shadows. It was really rather beautiful, especially compared to the garage wall I usually look at while running.

 I must confess though I had a hidden agenda in bringing Jasper, you see the last bit of the planned run is a long stretch UP Bracondale, which is bad enough to walk. I was rather hoping Jasper would pull me up if I was tired. The reality however is that I pulled him up, but hey its just another form of exercise :)

To conclude I did 3.5 miles in 35 minutes. The longest I have ever run...until Saturday that is!

Do sponsor me if you can, it would be nice to know the polar bears get a longer lie in even if I don't.


http://www.goldchallenge.org/gc/team/Norfolk%20Loop

Now whereas Jasper is crashed out, I have to get my bum in gear and go to work. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?! this gets madder! Getting up EARLY - voluntarily - to GO OUT RUNNING???! Eeeeee! Having said that, it is just what Nick does every other day but I think he's mad too! ;) I'm very jealous actually that you're so fit you can just do a whole 3.5 miles after what seems like not very long!! Oh well - I'll have to console myself with my pilates and hopefully being able to stick leg behind ear soon! ;)
    Wizzy

    ReplyDelete