Thursday 10 May 2012

No scone + rain = sad Maria

Day 3 - Well what a wash out day. I overslept and missed my swim, so felt naughty from the off. Then pottered down town with happy dreams of buying even more shoes, but at the crucial moment resisted. A coffee with friend, where I had to endure watching him eat what he assured me was a truly wonderful scone and then a wizz back on the bike to eat snack-ca-jacks and an apple for lunch - wow riveting! What I need to find is some sort of low fat wheat free cake and fast. My cake withdrawals are causing me to be sad :(

On the plus though being stuck in the house due to the rain meant I finally sorted my wardrobe and now have 3 bin bags of assorted shoes, handbags and clothes to take to the charity shop. I also had a lovely lounge about reading a great book on art history (nerdy I know) and then at 9pm forced myself out of my nightie and into my running gear to face the garage torture equipment. It has decided to break....more fiddling required and I got it fixed....23 minutes into my 25 minute run and the belt just stops mid flow. Had Markles not be there to grab me I would have been sent flying!

Hmmm so maria the mechanic will need to have another look and try and fix it. Fingers crossed I haven't bought a second hand dud :(

1 comment:

  1. I never heard the end of this. Is it still brook??! If only you'd taken it up a few months back when I was getting rid of my treadmill! Oh well - sounds like you're doing well getting out and about for a run which as you say is far less boring than staring at the wall!
    Wizzy
    PS I didn't like the first paragraph AT ALL! What was that about NOT eating a scone.....??! Geeeez! ;)

    ReplyDelete