Monday 7 May 2012

Another daft idea....

Well you all know me and my daft hair brained ideas, well I've had another one. This one though has come out of a good cause, a slight panic on reading an old 'things to do before I'm 30' list and a virtual kick up the bum from some old friends.

Those alert and eagle eyed facebook friends may have spotted a couple of odd status updates, hinting at training and a possible end to naughtiness (again - really the cake will never cease to rule my life). Well here it is....on the 30th of May I signed myself up to run the London Marathon 2013.

OK so yes I can't actully run, and the longest distance / race I have ever managed was a santa run around Eaton Park, but hey, lots of people manage it dressed as various random creatures, so there is a small possibility, if I get accepted ( I wont find out until early October) that I could finish it. I've taken the plunge, there is no going back,and the training has begun. Oh yes and I'm obviously doing the beginners training plan.

Only 348 days until race day!

Oh and I won't be too cheeky and ask for sponsorship now but I will hopefully be raising money for The British Heart foundation, as they did a good job of helping patch me up, and look after my late grandad.

Day 1

In another blog entry I will tell you the story of how the treadmill came to live with me, and how I ended up stuck out in the freezing cold garage but for now....heres my first ever training session:

On the left - how I should be feeling prior to my first run, on the right how I actually felt - cold!

How to turn the treadmill on....5 minutes later....how to speed the treadmill up.....15 minutes later and 1.6 miles completed. Yay and a mini whoop, I have ran a little!

Follow this with a healthy fish supper and a couple of bicep curls and I'm feeling positive....haha its only day 1!

In fairness another thing I'm not great at is keeping to these hairbrained ideas, and as especially daft as this one sounds I think this one is worth sticking too. However to make it more fun for you I am going to run a sweep stake on how long it will be until I give up. The winner will get a lovely bottle of wine from our wine closet :)
Markles guess - April 22nd - aww bless, you got to love him (race day is April 21st)

Now for some possibly more realistic ones? Nah honestly he is going to win the wine and fingers crossed let me share it!

Roll on tomorrows fun :)

2 comments:

  1. Yip! You is crazy lady no doubt... and so is NIck cos he's taken up running. I can't possibly hope to join him so am sticking with pilates and hoping to get to 'total body blast and toes behind me ears on one leg (if you know what I mean) very soooon..! ;)
    Wizpot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and guessing when you'll give up! Well since Mark has taken April 22 I'll say.... February 22! (just a random date when perhaps it might just be TOO COLD to do anything and you could POTENTIALLy - I'm not saying you will but you MIGHT just slide back under the duvet every morning instead of getting out into the snow for a lovely run! (at least - I certainly would!) ;)
    There!
    Hoping for that bottle of wine! Am I the only entry besides Markles? Ooo - 50% chance! ;)
    Boozy Bear :)

    ReplyDelete