Tuesday 8 May 2012

Boom Chack-ca-la-ca!

OK so its day 2 of my adventure into the world of running and after a long day at work, and a lovely glass of wine after work with an old friend, did I really want to hop on the running machine to do my 15 minuets  - well no actually I didn't. But being a good girl I forced myself off the sofa.

3 minutes into my run and I'm conscious that my short attention span may cause me problems, especially in later weeks when I have to run for longer. How do I know this? For some unknown reason I had started singing - Boom chack-ca-la-ca repeatedly and in time to my running step. Honestly I can't remember ever having sang those strange words ever before! However once aware of this I decided it would be fun to try and swing my arms in time and do a sort of jog dance....I'm not sure it will take off, it is rather cumbersome and in the end I decided it was best to stick to just singing my daft song. Well it helped me get through it and the silly song is still stuck in my head 2 hours later. Boom chack-ca-la-ca-la-ca!

Haha I have just googled Boom chack-ca-la-ca and found out what distant memory my brain had dug up. What my mind appears to be thinking about it is Boom Shaka Laka by Apache Indians. It says something about my mind that the closest version to how I was singing it is the Muppet Treasure Island version!

Now there is a random trip down memory lane! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peJhJMciSXE

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Eee hee! 15 minuets! Now THAT would have been something - a minuet is quite complex footwork and very graceful but probably not quite as aerobic! ;)
    Boom Chack a La ca! The name of the new 'Mariacise' fitness video. Can't wait for it to come out! :) (oh and perhaps you could wear a muppet outfit while you're filming the vid....?!
    Wiz

    ReplyDelete