Monday 20 December 2010

Teddies and Pickles

Story 6



"I'm very proud of my name," said Hodgepodge bear, "It's got a long history if I could only bring it to mind." You see I have lived such an eventful life, the adventures have rather all melded together like a sticky marshmallow, mmm marshmallow. I like marshmallows especially in the hot chocolate at bed time. Did I tell you the story of when I rescued a cocoa bean from a jungle elephant. Buttoneye Bear, would have rolled his eyes if it were possible to; instead he sighed. Hodgepodge bear was renowned for going off on these tangents, and could never tell a tale from start to end. Actually this was most likely where he got his name from; his tales really were a hodge bodge of mixed memories.


Story 7

"You put WHAT in the Christmas pudding?!" cried Maria in a panic. "A secret pickle like you said" Markles eyes were wide, with terror. "Did I get it wrong", he whispered. Maria's face had twisted into a bemused grimace as she pictured a slimy green pickle living in the centre of the Christmas pud. She couldn't be angry though. Only Markles would think it logical to put a pickle in a pud. This the same man who recited science equations and such gobbledeguck for fun. "I said nickle darling, I'm not sure a pickle is going to bring anyone much luck". Speak for yourself thought Doxie, their shaggy springer spaniel. I like pickle pud!

N.B. Mark would like to point out that under no circumstances would he ever put a pickle in a xmas pud. Unless of course he was getting Maria back for spreading nasty pickle stories about him.

4 comments:

  1. oh damn! firstly the comments box is right in the middle of the pickle story - secondly I need to get on with my 3 mile walk right NOW! But just quickly - I LOOOOOVED! story number 6. Hodge podge bear - Brilliant! Quite brilliant. You obviously have a talent for children's stories! and as for the memories turning to sticky marshmallow - that was so great! Oooh- wonder if it'll let me post this or not??!
    In a hurry
    3-mile Bear x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I am so glad you like it! Hope you managed your three mile walk, you are alot more disciplined than me. Fake xmas equals real xmas food portions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Got to read the pickle story finally!- LOVE your pictures by the way - SO sophisticated of you- I'm not quite up to that yet!
    Well.... whatever you were going to put in there - I have to say, I never thought of a pickle!! Love the ending!.. but what's this about a springer spaniel - I thought you didn't have a dog or couldn't have one? We must cover this important fact in our next chat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's time for some more sentences... Get ready!

    Maria gazed at Blue Teddy in dismay, how was she going to break this to Lizzy...

    Maria picked up the small stone bear, it felt quite cold in her hand although there was something rather strange about it...

    NO! Mr Wicken, shouted Mrs Wicken - you simply can't wear THAT to the garden party..

    Piddle! said Maria - I'll never teach this dog to do what I say...

    Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete