Monday 20 December 2010

More hotpenning fun - The Snodgebucket

Story 5 

"And this," continued Liz, "is a Snodgebucket - I think you'll find it very useful. "Oohh I have never before seen a Snodgebucket", said Maria. "I shall put it to use straight away, I am sure my desk is overflowing with snodge".

A snodgebucket - a place of hibernating jottings, and the last vestage of hope for a desperate writer
Now for those of you not familiar with snodge, let me enlighten you. You see even here in random creative scribble world we are still plagued by jargon, and Snodge stands for:

S - scrappy
N - notes
O - of
D - dubious
G - general
E - eloquence

Thus the purpose of a snodge bucket is to gather all of the these ramblings into one coherent place. You non-writers out there are most likely more used to the Snodgebucket's more common name 'bin'. However the true writer knows that even out of the most seemingly awful nonsensical writing, an ounce of pure brilliance may one day appear. It is thus paramount that all works in progress be kept in a Snodgebucket, until such a time as this brilliance is recognised.


I have two more to come, but first to cook pretend xmas dinner

Bye for now

Maria x

2 comments:

  1. Oh! That's wonderful!! I wondered what a snodgebucket was AND NOW I KNOW!!! I loved the line - "I'm sure my desk is overflowing with snodge!" At that point I wasn't aware what snodge actually was so it conjured up wonderful pictures! ;) And it is so true - brilliance often appears out of snodge!! that was so good - I'm going to have to throw more at you - this is fun!

    Hope the Chirstmas dinner went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yes I didn't really know until I started writing. It's funny what your mind comes up with. Hope you are keeping all your snodge. Yes a rather odd xmas dinner off morrocan lamb followed by ginger cake.

    ReplyDelete