Tuesday 16 October 2012

Trials and Tribulations of a Jasper hot water bottle

After losing poor Lion on a cold wintry night, I was faced with two options:
  1. Freeze
  2. Encourage Jasper to be my replacement hot water bottle
Given Jasper noses me awake every morning at 5am for an under blankie cuddle, I knew the latter shouldn't be too hard.

It was an interesting night, and I have tried my best to re-enact the nights 'sleep'


All happily snuggled - ready for a long sleep :)

Jasper took up a normal amount of bed, and allowed me the blankie
but then he changed his mind and thought a hot water bottle was more 
efficient if it lay on top of you

and being a little nocturnal, he woke mummy for night time games


With doe eyes like this I couldn't say no

And I soon found myself minus blankie or much bed

And woke to find Jasper's toy (a huge lump of quartz) had 
attacked me in the night!



And so yes, as much as Jasper is wonderfully warm, my sleep was rather disturbed and I will be happy to snuggle down with lion again :)



Have a great day :) xxx


2 comments:

  1. Hey - I loved this story in pictures! Picture stories are great for bears - they love picture books! :) And lion looks very healthy and happy and ready for another 20 years! Little bit concerned about Jasper's toy! Hope he doesn't chew it.. (ow!)
    Wizbear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way - I have thought of a great next story!. My eye caught the headlines at the side of the page and I read - story of a hot water butt (or thought I did!) So...! Great new possibility for story. What IS a hot water butt - is it a very posh water collector for the garden - or a visit to the colonics salon... OR.. well possibilities abound! ;)

    ReplyDelete